I would like to wish every visitor a very Merry Christmas. And perhaps I am not too late as Christmas is actually celebrated for a span of 12 days.
During the festive season [e.g. Christmas], I noticed that the usage of English language increased dramatically. Being an observant person myself, I made a summary of 5 different reasons of why people chose to speak in English.
- English is the universal language or as the 2nd language.
- Some people are used to speak in English or are dependant on English as they do not know any other languages.
- Some people use English as the medium of conversations as they are from different races and backgrounds.
- Some people think that speaking in English will earn themselves a higher reputation or position themselves as educated people.
- Some even think that speaking in English will make others attracted to them or like them better.
As for me, English has been a language which almost all the citizens of this world understand. Therefore, speaking in English is something very relevant towards yourself and your surroundings. Given a month or two, even your pets could understand English so why not you?
Speaking English will earn you a lot more than you can imagine. Just for an example or two, English can help land you to a better job, a promotion or even let you bargain for a better price when purchasing your goods.
It’s up to you now. To learn or not to learn, that’s the question!